Considering a 50 litre fish tank purchase? Well here’s some tips on what you should be looking for.
Apparatus wise the 50 litre fish tank can be a reasonably priced option to go for. If you buy a ‘ready to go’ tank that includes lighting, heater and filter it can cost you anywhere from £100 upwards. This is dependent on tank shape, oblong usually being the cheapest whilst orbs, hexagons, corner tanks are more expensive.
If you choose to go the route of buying everything separately it can be more expensive dependent on what you decide to buy. A 50 litre fish tank heater is vital if you are going the tropical route but not needed for cold water tanks. Heaters for this size tank should be between 25 watt and 50 watt and range from £15 upwards.
A filter is also a must have piece of equipment for any fish tank but size will depend on the capacity of your tank. When looking for a filter always be sure that it is suitable for your tank size and has a flow rate which is optimum for the types of fish you will be placing in the tank.
Lighting is optional and 99% of the time only there to improve our view of the fish and serves no benefit to them at all. As a rule lighting should be about 1-2 watts per 4.5 litres of water in your tank. The cost will depend on what lighting you choose.
Smaller fish tanks such as Aqua One Fish Tanks range are well suited and easier to look after with less active fish such as neon tetras, dwarf catfish, dwarf crayfish, Siamese fighting fish and shrimp. As a rough guide you can have 1cm of fish per litre of water equaling approximately 17 fish at 3cm adult length. This equates to the 50 litre fish tank being a really good place to start in fish keeping for a beginner, or for those who want an easy care tank for their fish whilst still having the capacity for a plentiful amount and range.
Recommended 50 Litre Fish Tank
- Includes Filter, Filter Media Lights & Heater,
- Complete with lid, LED lights, Internal Filter & 50w Heater.
- An aquarium endowed with complete equipment for discovering aquarium keeping in confident fashion, equipped with a motor, a heater, pre-installation of discreet air pump tube connection and a biological filter. The Ciano filter ensures an optimum renewal of water and perfect maintenance of the aquatic balance and the WATER CLEAR Ciano dose makes the water crystal clear and eliminates odors.
- Equipment Included 1 Biological filter CF80 Ciano 1 LED lighting system CLA60 Ciano (8W – 18VDC); 1 Converter LED (18VDC) 1 Water Pump 260 l/h 1 Heater 50W 1 Dose WATER CLEAR “M” 1 FOAM “L” 1 Instruction Guide. Supplied UK Plugs
- Aquarium Dimensions: L 60 CM x W 30 CM x H 33.5 CM Total Volume: 58 L Gross weight: 9.43 Kg. SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON DELIVERY (If you wish to be left with a neighbour you must contact us to advise) Shipping to UK Mainland only.
Last update on 2020-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API